Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time Island Review

Ha-ha, how cool is that dude up there, a Grogg!? He's from this cool new online game called Time Island, gears towards children 6-10 years old.  It's an educational adventure game that has children go through a beautiful scenic island.  Children solve puzzles and play games on the island that are educational, the underlying theme on the island is survival. Think Survivor, but for children, without the backstabbing nonsense. The developers at Time Island have strict rules about language, cyber bullying and online safety. Parental controls are in place and parents can log in and see what their child is doing, see what activities the child is doing and change game settings.
I was sent an awesome Time Island party pack for my kids, and they can't wait to pass out the goodies to their friends. So that's how we heard about Time Island.


Registration at Time Island is easy and free! So sign up and explore with your children. Be sure to remember online safety rules and go over them with your children.
Find Time Island on Facebook.
I found these on the FEMA site.

Online Safety Rules For Kids
  1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parent's work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents' permission.

  2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.

  3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.

  4. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.

  5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way makes me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the online service.

  6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of the day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.

*I was asked to participate in this review with Time Island and MomSelect. I was not compensated for my post.  I did receive a gift pack for my children. All opinions in this review are my own. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.