Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Another chocolate chip cookie?? Yes. I had to try it. I saw the recipe on Pinterest, so I decided to make them. I should have used less sugar. It was too sweet for me, which means great for everyone else. I also used less chocolate chips, 2 ounces less. I used bread flour instead of all purpose flour. The higher protein in bread flour makes cookies more chewy, which I love. I also adjusted the baking powder and added soda to give me a little more crisp on my edges. This was an easy cookie to make, it was chewy, a little crisp on the sides. Beautiful texture. I'd make these again. Even the next day these were still chewy with a nice bite.


Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies (Original recipe link posted below.)
3 sticks unsalted butter/ softened
14 ounces brown sugar (2 cups- packed)- next time I'm going to use 10 ounces
4 ounces granulated sugar, 1/2 cup
2 eggs
5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pound 4 ounces bread flour, 4 cups- you can use all purpose
4 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon salt- kosher
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
14 ounces chocolate chips- Add more if you'd like, I used to add 50% more chocolate chips to every recipe out there.

Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat well. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Let the dough sit for 15 minutes or so, while oven pre heats to 350 degrees. In the refrigerator is fine. This will help that gluten in the bread flour develop also.
Bake tablespoon sized mounds of dough for 8-12 minutes. I gently pushed my cookie dough down so the tops were flat you don't have to do that. I set my timer for 10 minutes and 30 seconds each time. Don't over bake these. They will be light brown almost pale on top. But the bottoms should be lightly browned evenly.
Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to finish cooling.
Makes 60+ cookies.


I guess after all my changes, this really isn't the same recipe as posted HERE.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Katherine, I did not know your tip about bread flour making chewy cookies! I am SO excited to try it!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and the tip! :)

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy! I just visited your blog again, thank you for the visit!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.