Monday, June 20, 2011

Cinnabon clone Cinnamon rolls


This recipe is adapted from All Recipes and can be found here. I added cinnamon and vanilla to the dough. Used less flour. I also added more cinnamon to the filling and added vanilla to that also. I prefer caramel sauce to icing so I didn't bother making that. I ended up baking these for 13 minutes.

Dough-
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine, melted
4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling-
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 1/2  tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg- optional if you like nutmeg YUM
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract





 Place ingredients for the dough into the bowl for your bread machine. Let it run through the "dough" cycle.
Once the cycle is complete roll the dough out to a 21x16 inch rectangle.  Combine ingredients for the filling. Spread evenly over the dough. Roll the dough from the 16 inch side so that you end up with a 21 inch long roll. Don't roll it too tight or the centers will pop up during baking- like an outie belly button. I have no idea why I mentioned that. But it's true.
Slice into 12 rolls- to make these even cut the roll in half. Then cut the two halves in half to make four pieces. Cut each of those pieces into thirds. Place the rolls into a lightly buttered 11x17 inch pan. Place a clean kitchen towel loosely over the top of the baking dish. Let rise until doubled about 30 minutes.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Until lightly browned, do not over bake. Serve with icing or a caramel sauce. They are great "plain" also.
My favorite thing to use for rolling dough on is my roul pat.

 












This is the baking dish I used














Best vanillas,  I love














And this PASTE is NOM NOM
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.