Sunday, April 10, 2011

New day, new start- Let's get this!


I was going to start another blog but I think I'll stick with this one to record this journey of mine. I don't know how long the journey will be. Today is day one of Paleo Diet for me. I'm hoping for more energy and just cleaner eating. I've been pretty good about staying away from processed foods. I figure why not just take it all away. Eat better, feel better, be better- as far as health. Clear up my skin. I won't bother going into what Paleo is, there are plenty of blogs and sites out there with great information. I will share some recipes and post what I've eaten to journal along the away. For now I am including some dairy in my diet. I may take that away, but right now refined sugars- see list below, grains, legumes and starchy potatoes are out. I will still eat sweet potatoes. This may last one week, two days or months. We'll see! Are you eating Paleo? Can you tell me more about it? Do you include dairy? Honey? What's been the hardest part? Most rewarding? What am I doing wrong?



Let's get this Day 1
Brunch
2 hard boiled eggs
Strawberries
Almonds

Snack
Larabar- had a cherry one, it was ok. Pretty tart but still good. See below.

Dinner
Citrus Chili center cut pork chops
Fried cabbage
Salad with Black, White and Spice! (Romaine, bell peppers and carrots)
Three Fudgey Balls- I made a variation that is NOM NOM. I'll post later.

I still have some- or a ton of questions I need to read up on. Like sugars in bacon, chickpeas, green beans, peas, sesame oil, tahinni, vinegar and edamame are they OK or not? Which coconut milk is best. I have some that seems to fit the bill, but it never hurts to ask around.

Sugars I am avoiding

  • Agave Nectar
  • Corn sweetener
  • Corn syrup, or corn syrup solids
  • Dehydrated Cane Juice
  • Dextrin
  • Dextrose
  • Fructose
  • Fruit juice concentrate
  • Glucose
  • High-fructose corn syrup
  • Honey- I may use this on occasion
  • Invert sugar
  • Lactose
  • Maltodextrin
  • Malt syrup
  • Maltose
  • Maple syrup- I may use this on occasion
  • Molasses<--- I'm going to miss you molasses...
  • Raw sugar
  • Rice Syrup
  • Saccharose
  • Sorghum or sorghum syrup
  • Sucrose
  • Syrup
  • Treacle
  • Turbinado Sugar
  • Xylose


    Pin It!

    1 comment:

    1. Good for you for going Paleo!

      You'll be amazed at the benefits it offers. From easy-to-style hair and good skin to less B.O. and impossible to sunburn complexion.

      Getting rid of the ick is always good. ;)

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
    If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.