Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let's get this Day 9

Good day today. I didn't have breakfast, I wasn't hungry. For lunch I had leftovers- whatever was in the fridge, fish, chicken, zucchini and cauliflower. In the afternoon I had two slices of bacon and a Larabar. For dinner we had broiled chicken (with my own salt free fajita seasoning blend) over salad. I top my salads with a squeeze of lime and salt and pepper. I also broiled some jalapeno's and mushrooms stuffed with cheese. And an apple. I am forcing myself to eat fruit. I'm just not a big fan. Oh other than water all day I had some Almond Milk also- it was unsweetened but I noticed it had salt and starch UGH, no wonder it tasted salty, good but I could have done without the salt and startch.  The Larabar I had was coconut cream pie. I had 3/4 of it, it was good but too sweet for me to eat a whole one.

Last night I cheated.

Last night I made this FANTASTIC Multi-grain honey wheat bread for the family. It smelled. so. good. Rye, whole wheat flour, rolled rye, rolled barley, rolled oats, honey, butter... NOM NOM. SO horrible. I couldn't resist it smelled so good in the oven, buttery and honey sweet. I had a piece, it was so good. The thing is I couldn't have eaten more than one piece and I did feel not so hot during the night.  I was reading in The Paleo Diet book about "open meals" during phase one so I guess not all is lost. Wanna see the bread? I made a loaf in my Pullman Pan (link below) and this mini loaf.
  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.