Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fudge Balls

These are Fudgey Babies as seen HERE. I love this recipe I can't wait to come up with more variations! I added more nuts than called for. They were perfect. Very satisfying for my sweet tooth.  No added sugar, no preservatives, full flavor NOM NOM. I rolled them and put them in the fridge. They could go in the freezer but I just put them in the fridge. If I were making a bigger batch I might freeze them. Make sure your dates don't have added sugars, preservatives, salt. Check your vanilla also- unless it's real it probably has sugar or corn syrup in it.
1 c walnuts (120 grams)- I used 160 grams
1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates (230 grams)
1 tsp vanilla extract- I used 2 teaspoons
3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder, regular or dark - I used 40 grams 4 Tbs

Place everything in  a food processor and process. My mixture wasn't really that wet. But I used my cookie school and once I formed them into balls they held together perfectly. I rolled some of them in cocoa powder... and ate three right away. 

Variations I'm want to try
Cashews, Cherries, Cocoa powder, almond extract
Dark cocoa, walnuts, cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla
Almonds, coconut butter, cocoa, coconut flakes, vanilla
Tropical would be fun- coconut butter or a tiny bit of coconut oil, cocoa, macadamia nuts, dried papaya
Blueberries would be yummy also.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.