Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amazing ice cream (No machine needed) GF/SF/DF

This looks melted because I had to stop and get my girls in bed before I could take pictures.
There are tons of posts out there for this one ingredient ice cream. I'm sure you've seen it. I never made it because 1- I don't like bananas 2-pureed and mashed up even makes that feeling towards bananas worse. But I had a banana that was going to start getting brown spots and if I eat a banana it needs to be JUST out of the green stage and not anywhere near the brown spots stage. So I peeled it, sliced it and put it in the freezer. I figure it couldn't hurt doing one banana and seeing how it goes. I've been meaning to make coconut ice cream and haven't had a chance, so tonight I put the frozen banana into the blender with a little bit of coconut manna. HELLO yumminess!  Just like ... ICE CREAM. You don't need the coconut butter but NOM NOM. Have you ever had a Tropical Blizzard? They were my favorite blizzard and this is BETTER. For one it's healthy and it just tastes REAL. So GOOOOD. I also topped my bowl of ice "cream" off with some almonds. But this opened a huge door of possibilities for me. I need to eat more fruit so this nice cream cold treat will help.
So many things you can do. Add berries- even though they will make this a bit icy, the banana is creamy like ice cream. Add chai spices, freeze pumpkin puree and blend that up with the banana. Add avocado- I kid you not. It's creamy, perfect consistency. This is the perfect "baby" ice cream also. Great for kids, babies, and toddlers.
The method
peel and slice bananas
freeze the pieces on a cookie sheet so they don't stick together
put them in the blender and blend until creamy and smooth
that's it.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! And guess what? I've got bananas about to go bad too! Guess my kids will get some ice cream tomorrow night! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.