Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Kettle Kettle Corn

easy peasy and in the microwave! Still better on the stove top though LINK.
2 tablespoons Ghee/clarified butter (not clarified will burn, the clarified has a higher smoking point)
OR use 1 tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of clarified butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Kosher salt
1/3 cup popping corn

You also need a large microwave safe bowl, glass. A vented lid, I used my splatter guard.
In the bowl heat the butter/oil, sugar and salt in the microwave to melt the butter. Stir in the popcorn. Cover the bowl with the vented lid. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes depending on your microwave. Listen carefully, once the popcorn starts to slow down and pops after 1-2s second a kernel instead of continuously stop the microwave. The bowl will be hot. Stir the popcorn to distribute any sugar and serve.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try this. I make it on the stovetop. 1 tbsp oil, enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the pan, and about 2 tsp of regular sugar. Cover and shake till the popping slows. NOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol sorry about that I forgot to put the link to the stove top method

    http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/2010/05/kettle-corn.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.