Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pantry Panang curry (Tuna)

 
This is an easy curry to make. Especially if you use premade curry paste. This is a quick cheap meal. Canned tuna is inexpensive and high in protein. Three ingredients, easy peasy. Very adaptable, throw in tofu, frozen peas, pearl onions- whatever you'd like! It's the perfect cheap college student meal if you ask me. Also great for a late night meal. I love it with BOXED mac and cheese. I kid you not. Try it, it's good.
Tip- Anytime I use coconut milk and have some leftover in the can I freeze it in an ice cube tray. Once frozen I put them in bags to store, like this curry paste HERE
1 can tuna in water- drained
1-2 teaspoons Panang curry paste- when I first made this I used a TBS of paste and it was SPICY.
2-3 tablespoons coconut milk (three ice cube portions, thawed)

Heat coconut milk and curry paste until fragrant in a small pan. Gently stir in tuna. Serve over rice. 
If you are adding vegetables or tofu you will have to adjust the amount of coconut milk and curry paste. 
YUM. It's soo good.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.