Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taco Salad (Love Abounds Mexican Seasoning)

Taco Salad
Everyone likes taco salad here so it's a great go to meal. I don't even have to remember to thaw the meat or go buy meat. We like taco salad with either ground beef or ground turkey. There are very few things I like with ground turkey... actually maybe two things tacos and turkey burgers- if done right.  I don't mine turkey in meatloaf as long as it's with a mixture with some pork in there somewhere. OK talk about a tangent.
If I don't remember to thaw ground meat for taco meat I just put it in a hot pan frozen and cook it as it thaws in the pan. With Love Abounds Mexican seasoning I brown the meat, drain and rinse if needed. Saute some chopped onions with oil if you want to use them, return the meat to the pan. Sprinkle with Mexican Seasoning, 2-3 heaping tablespoons to taste. Stir over medium low heat, add some chicken broth and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I add dried Mexican Oregano.
Serve on a bed of greens, in taco shells, taco soup, on nachos, in Confetti Rice or in burritos.
Great in enchiladas too.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.