Friday, December 10, 2010

Sushiko Resturant

THE. BEST. MISO. SOUP. EVER. Seriously, Diva and I both said it. SO good, so flavorful and JUST good. Not that powder or paste instant stuff. SOOO GOOD. Piglet doesn't like Miso soup but Pixie girl loves it and had a whole bowl with rice. That's what she likes- miso soup with rice and big beautiful Salmon roe that she picks up with her cute little fingers off of mamas plate.
Miso... YUM.
The tempura was crisp, light, not greasy, HOT and the batter wasn't thick- nor did it flake off. SO. VERY. GOOD. I can't stand tempura not done right. Greasy, heavy, soggy, batter falling off. Or thick batter that is twice the size of the vegetables. YUCK. The sauce was so very good also, it might have had some sake in it.
The girls shared these rolls.
The waitress, actually the whole staff were professional and attentive despite the fact that I had three kids with me. The restaurant is nice, clean, real linens. Parking was a breeze, that's a big deal in this area.
Lunch for four of us was about $50 (not including tip and before my $40 coupon). Pretty good for a nicer place.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I have been dying to get to our favorite Japanese restaurant lately. That food looks so great, and that tempura does look absolutely perfect. I think I may need my hubby to stop by and get me some gyoza, and tamago rolls on the way home :)

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal I can always go for sushi lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.