Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pecan Pie (With molasses and brandy)

Errmm... move over standard Pecan Pie recipe, you've been de-throned. Pecan pie is one of my favorite, next to pumpkin. This is just as easy as any pecan pie recipe. The brandy and molasses enhance the flavors and give it a little something extra.  Served with fresh whipped cream... so good. Use fresh pecans since they are the star of this pie!
Bourbon or rum would be great if you don't have brandy.

1 cup corn syrup (light, not dark)
1 cup sugar/evaporated cane juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons brandy
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 to 2 cups of pecan halves
1 pie crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the pie crust into the pie plate and crimp the edges.
Chop the pecans roughly. (Save 5-6 for garnish if you'd like.)
Put the pecans in the pie plate.

Whisk/beat the remaining ingredients in a bowl.

Gently pour the sugar mixture into the pie crust.
Garnish with the pecan halves if desired.
Bake for 45-55 minutes. I placed a pie crust shield on it after about 20 minutes. Tap the top lightly to make sure it's done, it should spring back slightly, not a lot it's not a cake!
Let this cool completely before serving. Although I ate a warm piece, and it good, just didn't cut pretty.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.