Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lao Omelet


Lao Omelet- is there such a thing? I don't know. But my mom used to make this and we'd have it with sticky rice or jasmine rice. This omelet has crispy sides and is drier or more well done than a fluffy soft Western omelet.  Sometimes she would put both sliced tomatoes and chives, just chives and or green onions in it. Really, just whatever we had on hand. I put oyster sauce, a little soy sauce OR nam pla with a little bit of white pepper in with the eggs also. I *think* my mom did also. I don't remember. I also love putting red pepper flakes on top. This omelet, Lao beef jerky, steamed vegetables like broccoli and cabbage with nam pla dipping sauce. YUM. The girls love sticky rice, so it's always a hit.
No real recipe, just eggs scrambled with seasonings and herbs and/or vegetables.
Here's an earlier post on this:  Lao omelet
Whisk it all together.
Frying it up.
All done.
Steamed broccoli.


Sticky rice.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.