Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chinese Water Spinach with Douchi/Black bean

Easy. Simple. Good comfort food. Perfect with a bowl of congee or jasmine rice. Made with Chinese Water Spinach, garlic, Douchi- Chinese fermented black beans, oyster sauce. Truly simple. You can use a Chinese Black bean sauce. The one I use looks like a soy sauce bottle with a yellow top- I know right?

Chinese Water Spinach with Douchi

1 bunch of Chinese water spinach- washed and cut into pieces. I leave the leaves whole and cut up the stalks about 2-3 inches
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1-2 garlic clove peeled and sliced
2-3 teaspoons black bean sauce
2 teaspoons oyster flavored sauce

Heat oil in a wok/fry pan until shimmering. Add garlic. Don't let it brown.
Add water spinach, douchi and oyster sauce. Stir fry. The spinach will wilt.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.