Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seven-ish Layer dip

I don't know how people make 7 layer dip there's about a million ways to make it. The only thing I *DO* know is that refried beans should not be eaten cold so I heated these ones. I've gotten better at eating them cold though.


Seven-ish Layer dip
1 can refried beans or about 2-2 1/2 cups of refried beans 
1/4 onion chopped
8 ounces shredded cheese
Sour Cream- not sure how much, I used what I had left in the container
Mexican Seasoning, or taco seasoning, chili powders whatever you like
garlic powder
onion powder
salt
1 ripe avocado cubed
1 tomato chopped
1/2 lime
black olives
cilantro
(Pickled jalapenos unless you're sharing with kids)


With a little oil saute the onion until soft. Add beans, cook until heated with a little water to make it a dip consistency. Sprinkle on Mexican Seasoning, garlic and onion powders.
Transfer to a serving dish, spread it out on the bottom. Sprinkle on cheese- ok I heated it again to melt the cheese a little.
Not until bubbling hot, just until melted. Because then the sour cream will get warm and runny ewww.

Mix some Mexican Seasoning into the sour cream. Spread it on top of the cheese.
I didn't want to make guacamole so I cubed the avocado, seasoned with salt, Mexican seasoning and onion and garlic powder. Squeezed half a lime on top and tossed it. Then spread that on top of the sour cream.
Next I sprinkled the tomato on top, then the olives and cilantro.
Pickled jalapenos on the side since I have little ones.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.