Thursday, May 27, 2010

Creamy pasta with shrimp and roasted poblanos

I have no creativity to come up with a fantastic name for this. Maybe I'll ask on the Facebook page, and you can give me ideas there.  It's pasta in a creamy sauce with garlic, red pepper flakes, red bell peppers, roasted Poblanos and shrimp. I also put some 3 Ingredient Tomato sauce in it. YUM YUM. My only regret is that I didn't have any penne, any pasta will do but I could taste each flavor in tricolored pasta and I don't like it in anything but cold pasta salad. OK that and I had no fresh parsley which would have been awesome.

GPAC Creamy pasta with shrimp and roasted poblanos
3 garlic cloves- peeled and minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small chopped bell pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper or a  Black, White and Spice type of all purpose seasoning, or Italian Seasoning and salt
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
2 ounces cream cheese
1/4-1/3 cup paramsean cheese
1/2 cup 3 Ingredient Tomato Sauce
3-4 roasted Poblano peppers peeled and chopped
8-10 ounces medium shrimp cooked, peeled
1 cup pasta water reserved
your choice of pasta (approximately a pound) cooked al dente and drained
garnish with fresh chopped parsley (flat leaf) 


Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant.
 Add the bell peppers and cook until crisp tender. Remove the pepper and garlic from the pot and set aside.


Add butter to the pot. Once melted sprinkle in the flour to make a roux.
Cook until fragrant and nutty.




Whisk the cream and milk in. Season with salt, pepper and seasonings of choice.


Stir in cream cheese until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese. Heat until thick.



 Stir in tomato sauce...
and reserved peppers.



If needed add reserved pasta water a little bit at a time.


These Poblanos were not spicy at all, but you can leave them out. Stir them into the sauce and add the pasta.


Don't forget the shrimp. Garnish with parsley.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.