Monday, April 12, 2010

poor ugly brownie...

The other day I went to the grocery store with just Piglet. I love when I get time to spend with just one of my girls at a time. It's so special, even if it's to run errands and get groceries. In those moments I see beautiful glimpses of them that sometimes I might miss when we're all together. I also see how much they actually do love their sisters and miss them. Piglet (who is three now) asked me to buy a box of brownie mix so I let her pick one. I made it according to the box, I think I was actually multitasking and I think I might have forgotten the water, used less I don't know. But I under baked them by a few minutes, pulled them out and topped them with marshmallows I had leftover and chocolate chunks. I am not a big fan of store bought marshmallows so I wanted to use these up.Once topped with the chocolate and marshmallows I put them back in the oven to let it all melt. All fine and dandy but I didn't have mini marshmallows so I had halved the bigger ones, they didn't melt well and didn't get that beautiful color I wanted. I baked in a pottery pan and I didn't want to broil in that. AND I have no clue where my blow torch is. So I thought it was ugly on top. I tried to swirl it a bit, which we all know marshmallow doesn't swirl pretty. But I did. Oh well. The brownies were YUMMY. Gooey and I confess, even the marshmallow part was good.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I loved it when it was just me and my mom when I was little. I thought it was cool having all her attention all focused on me, with no "competition" from other siblings.

    As long as it's chocolate, it doesn't matter what it looks like, most people will still go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay! At least, they were delicious. When I cook for myself, I don't care if it is ugly or what as long as they tastes good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.