Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pasta Salad

No real recipe. DH ate a ton of pasta salad when he went off to school in Washington (state).  Just bought things is bulk and made a ton, kept it in the fridge. We weren't there with him we might have rebelled but every once in a I enjoy it. 
I think the only thing pasta salad really needs to have in it is pasta. We use tri colored, cooked al dente, you really don't want it to be mushy. Drain the pasta well and let it cool or rinse with cold water. Other than that add what you like. This one has black beans, green bell peppers, red onion, olives, grilled chicken and Italian dressing. I put jalapenos on top of mine.
Other yummy additions
chopped seeded  cucumbers
cilantro
red, orange, yellow bell peppers
legumes (cooked)
beans (cooked)
broccoli florets
corn kernels
sliced mushrooms
shredded carrot
shredded cabbage- napa, or purple 
scallions
artichoke hearts
seeded chopped tomatoes
cooked shrimp
different dressings
different fresh herbs

Fresh Mozzarella, tomatoes and basil are a yummy combo
Fresh dill works well with the shrimp


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.