Thursday, March 4, 2010

You want tender flank steak?


I'm here to give you tender flank steak. I may not have actual measurements for you, but it's good. :-). Flank steak has such a beefy flavor, it's wonderful. But unless it's done right it's tough. Sometimes it's tough even when you slice it against the grain. So I find that if I score the top of the steak against the grain about 1/4 of the way into the meat then marinade it it's so tender. Perfect. Let's do this. I've missed you all so much, I've been so busy. *sniff* Did you even know I was gone? lol.
2-3 inches peeled ginger
2 teaspoons coriander seed
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 three inch pieces of lemongrass
2-3 Kaffir leaves- you can use lime zest also
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt
3-4 tablespoons oyster sauce
I pulsed that in a blender. Poured it over the flank steak in a zip top bag for at least 5 hours, overnight is OK also. Then you can grill it or broil it. Cut against the grain and YUM YUM.
I served it with rice and Bok Choy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.