Saturday, March 6, 2010

Garlic Spaghetti


Nummy, nummy. So very easy. This is one of my comfort foods. It's easy to throw together, I've had cravings at night for this with pickled jalapenos on top- sometimes during pregnancy but just about anytime. It's a little spicy but my one year can handle it, she can handle some pretty spicy stuff though, like Pho with Sirracha so adjust the spices to how you like them. 
Let's cook it
1/4 pound-ish of Pancetta cubed (use bacon if you don't have Pancetta, a kitchen without Pancetta? eep)
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup butter
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes 
1-2 egg yolks
1 package of pasta  cooked al dente in salted water (linguine is yummy, spaghetti is what I had on hand)
1 cup of pasta water
Parmesan cheese
Fresh ground black pepper
Flat leaf parsley- if you have a handful of chopped FLAT leaf parsley YUM. Don't use curly though. Not for this.
YUM Pancetta and garlic.


Pancetta, red pepper flakes, butter, garlic and pasta water.


Cook the pancetta until it is how you like it. 

Remove the Pancetta.

In the same pan (I used a dutch oven) add the butter and heat until foamy. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, not browned, and certainly don't burn it.
(Leave some of the Pancetta renderings in the pan.)

Toss in the red pepper flakes. Turn off the heat.

Toss the pasta in the dutch oven.







Stir in the egg yolks. Sometimes I just dish it up and give each person an egg yolk but not my kids. This way the residual heat warms the yolk also.
Add Pancetta and toss.
If you feel the pasta is dry add some pasta water. (If we have leftovers I add the pasta water to the leftovers they heat up wonderfully with it that way.
If you have flat leaf parsley, NUMMY NUMMY. 



 Serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper.

See? It's good stuff.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good!

    I'm passing on the Sunshine award I received from Joygul Rose. See here! Kind of fun.

    http://gillyweeds.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshineaward.html

    I'll have to try the strawberries, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST!!! got done eating it!!! It was sooo good, even the kids liked it even though it was a little warm i will put just a little bit less red pepper...lol but everyone loved it. Hubby is out of town working on the storm here in TX, he is made he didn't get to try it..:P Here is a pic of the bacon cooking, we raise the pig and just had it processed and ihave a BUNCH of bacon and now i can use it...giggle


    Here is the bacon cooking, and the pasta, garlic, and butter and then it all together minus the parm. cheese as i finished it last night..giggle
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/sherrie0527/DSCF9558.jpg
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/sherrie0527/DSCF9557.jpg
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/sherrie0527/DSCF9556.jpg
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/sherrie0527/DSCF9553.jpg
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/sherrie0527/DSCF9550.jpg

    hmmmm GOOD..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri your bacon looks DIVINE
    I can't imagine fresh yummy bacon like that!
    thanks for leaving a comment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.