Monday, February 22, 2010

I better put this up before she realizes it's a mistake...

The sweet blogger at The Kitchen Masochist gave me an award, seriously? How cool is that? I'm just a SAHM/WAHM who blogs recipes for my girls. This silly little blog, I am shocked people read it. If you've never seen her blog it's fantastic, the pictures are beautiful and recipes clear, and ingredients seem plentiful in Manila- drool. So, the award displayed so proudly up top there. It's kind of like the "I love Me" wall some military members have, with one lonely award. HAHA. BTW, my husband has never had a wall or room. He doesn't like any of those awards and items up, you know the Special Operations tough guy "quiet professional" guy? That's him. Well not me baby, as a matter of fact. I'm going to put it up twice, how about that? I have no shame.
OK seriously though. I think I just met requirement number one. And number two, twice- because I'm an overachiever and that's how I roll.
The Honest Scrap Award. 
The requirements are:

a) I must brag about it.
b) Display  the badge on my blog and link  to the one who tagged me to prove that I didn't tag myself (how pathetic that would be!)
c) I share 10 things about myself.
d) pass the award to other fellow bloggers by visiting their site. 

Share 10 things about myself-
1. I am a mom. I've always wanted to a be a mom. Since I was a little girl, I loved baby dolls and I would seek out people with babies just so they would let me hold them. Now I have my own babies and well that's just pretty fantastic. 
2. Aside from wanting to be a mom a rock star was pretty high up there too. ;-) But I have no rhythm and can't sing. 
3. I'm a wanna be foodie. I love good food. Good to me food. I don't care where I get it, five star restaurant, hole in the wall in some strip mall. Doesn't matter.  I am not however a food snob. Like I said, hole in the wall? Bring it on.
4. In my former life I was a nurse. I loved it. Love taking care of people, meeting their needs. Hated the paperwork.
5. I fully believe in the powder of prayer, Christ and what His death and resurrection has done for me.
6. I am the owner of Love Abounds-  ETSY, Love Abounds HC, Love Abounds at Sweet Indulgence. I know right SPAM-alicious.
7. I love taking pictures, I'm not good at it. But I love it.
8. I grew up hating the fact that my parents made us speak Lao in the home, now I am grateful and wish my kids spoke it also.
9. I adore my kids. I want more, I don't care that the average is 2.5 per household. (I'm having a hard time finding ten things about me to write about here)
10. I love to cook, you might have guessed that from the cooking blog but I do. I love being in the kitchen. I just wish I had someone to clean up after me. 




Now to pass on the award
I am choosing Happy Little Bento. Well, because her blog is fantastic, wonderful and makes me want to get on the Bento ball again.LINK.
I also am awarding to Cooking with Mrs.Seamonster. Because unlike me right now, she's consistent in her blogging. 
And last but not least a newbie blogger with a roast chicken on her banner that makes me drool every time. SARAPLICIOUS.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Thanks for passing it on to me! :D

    I love your blogs Nates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title made me laugh. Thanks for your kind words.

    My mom was a SAHM too during my first 12 yrs. And she loved to cook. I got used to good food because of it. "Good food" meaning well-prepared, natural, fresh ingredients. I've never had TV dinners nor canned food except for tomato sauce. I still don't know what they taste like to this day. Anyway, you're not "just" a SAHM and I think you should delete the "just" part. :)

    You have any Lao recipes? If you do pls send some this way or blog some about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats i want those nachos below mmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.