Monday, November 9, 2009

Salsa Chicken

This is a pretty easy crock pot meal. I don't LOOVE things made in the crock pot, but this is great for tacos, wraps, to serve over rice.
Sure it's not gourmet but it's nice to have "under my belt" so to speak for lazy days.


Salsa Chicken

4-5 chicken breasts (I find that if I use frozen it doesn't get as mushy)
1 can drained black beans or pinto
1 can drained corn or a couple cups of frozen corn kernels
1 jar salsa
8 oz cream cheese

Put all the ingredients except cream cheese, in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours. Add cream cheese, stir and cover until melted. Serve with tortillas, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, salsa, pico, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives- whatever you'd like really.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I made this tonight for dinner and we ate it with whole wheat tortillas and cheddar cheese and it is amazing. This will have to be in our rotation of normal meals from now on. YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! it's so very easy I like it too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.