Thursday, September 3, 2009

Panko Crusted Chicken Nuggets

I am sure I have mentioned my dislike of deep frying foods. Note I didn't say I don't like to EAT deep fried foods. I just personally don't like to deep fry anything. I wanted a healthy alternative to fried chicken nuggets for the girls. I also wanted them to be crispy and flavorful. These nuggets get their crunch from Panko bread crumbs, and flavor?? You can add whatever flavors you like! Lemon pepper, curry, thyme, rosemary- the possibilities are endless.
This is more of a method and not a recipe.
What you need
Chicken breasts or tenders- trim any fat, cut into the size you want, then rinse and pat dry
Panko
Flour
Eggs
Seasonings
Olive oil- in a spray doo hickie or PAM

Get out three shallow bowls or use cake pans or pie plates. In the first bowl mix some flour and seasoning. The Second bowl beaten eggs. The third bowl mix the panko and more seasoning. Dip the chicken into the flour first and shake off the excess. Dip the floured chicken into the egg then into the panko. Place the breaded chicken on a sprayed cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken. Discard all the flour, eggs and panko after you're done, don't save it, it's got chicken cooties in it now. I spray the tops of the chicken with a light coating of olive oil, use PAM if you have it. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. I did turn them 3/4 of the way into the cooking time. I served them with ketchup for Piglet and Sweet Chili sauce for the rest of us.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.