Monday, September 14, 2009

Double Pan Fried Noodles or Mee Korb

My mother and I made Chow Mein (or Mee Korb) when the girls and I visited this summer. I never got a picture of the finished dish. The girl were ready to eat right away. And as with any dish made with my mom there are no measurements. But I have pictures. :-)


Fresh Egg noodles separated.
Drop a little bit into hot oil. Turn it over once it holds it's form. This won't take but seconds so watch it close!
Remove the noodles from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. These are good on salads too! Crumbled up a bit.
 Yum.
Pick your veggies... broccoli, Chinese broccoli, carrots, celery - whatever you like. We blanched tougher veggies.

Pick your protein- tofu, beef, chicken, seafood, pork.
Heat a wok with some oil and garlic.
Season the protein (pepper, oyster sauce, black soy sauce, etc)  and toss it in the wok.
Add the vegetables. Add some stock to make a gravy, if you like a thicker gravy add cornstarch to the stock.
To serve place noodles on a plate and ladle vegetables, protein and broth on top.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.