Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vegetable Tian

This simple side dish is flavorful and easy to assemble. You can use a Mandoline to slice the vegetables or a sharp knife and steady hand will do. If you have carrots they add a nice sweetness and color to the dish. I have seen these with tomatoes, eggplant and all sorts of vegetables so use what you like! Sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary would be wonderful also. Usually you cook the onions and place them at the bottom of the pan, but I didn't have time for that. My family loved this! We finished the whole pan.
Thinly sliced vegetables- I used summer squashes, onion and potato
Salt and Pepper
2 tbs butter

Layer the vegetables in a baking dish alternating each one. Salt and pepper the vegetables. I dotted the dish with butter or you can use olive oil or melted butter and drizzle it over the top.
Roast at 375 until potatoes are tender.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.