Monday, August 3, 2009

Roasted Poblano Omlets

I love roasted Poblanos- I like them in burgers, omelets, in burritos, used for chilie rellenos and just as a "side" if I am having grilled meats. If DH is grilling I ask him to toss the Poblanos on the grill and let them char, if not I put them under a broiler- my mom uses her gas stove top and chars them on the burner. Once the pepper is black and blistered all over I put them in a plastic grocery bag or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. After they cool for a bit it's easy to peel off the skin and seed them if needed, then they are ready to be used.
For these omelets I seeded some of the peppers and chopped them up with minced garlic and salt. The has cheese and the roasted poblanos in it.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.