Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Corriander Pork for Lettuce Wraps

I love coriander seeds. They are fragrant and have a wonderful flavor that is different than their full grown herb-cilantro. I used this rub with pork to make lettuce wraps but it's also good on other meats. For the wraps I had butter lettuce, cucumber, green onions, carrots, cilantro, limes, egg- done like a Tamago style, bun- a thin rice noodle and some grilled shrimp. (Funny you can hardly see the pork skewers in this picture, sorry!)
For the rub
1 tbs coriander seeds
2 tsp whole peppercorns
salt
3/4 inch peeled fresh ginger- I used a micro plane to grate it
1-2 cloves peeled garlic minced- I used the micro plane for this too
1 tbs oyster flavored sauce
1 tbs olive oil


Grind the whole spices until fine.
If using skewers to grill the meat soak them in water for 30 minutes.










Slice pork into strips if using skewers.

Mix the pork with the ground spices and remaining rub. Thread onto soaked skewers. Grill and serve on salads or for lettuce wraps.






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.