Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Carrot Puree

I am sure I have posted a carrot puree before, but it's a great vegetable to add to other baby puree's, it's naturally sweet and let's face it carrots are cheap. For baby you can roast them, steam them, put them in soups. If you roast them you can add other root vegetables like turnips and toss with a little olive oil and rosemary sprigs. They can be steamed with other vegetables but also compliment fruits well. When added to vegetables like broccoli, spinach or asparagus that aren't sweet they can help you introduce less popular vegetables to baby. When cubed and cooked until tender they make great finger foods.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.