Friday, May 1, 2009

Yogurt Banana Pancakes

Yogurt Banana Pancakes

1 2/3 cups buttermilk (I usually make this with vinegar and milk or lemon juice and milk)

2 cups self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar

2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain yogurt
3 tbsp honey
1-2 ripe bananas, mashed


Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, egg, yogurt, vanilla, and honey.
Combine ingredients. Fold in bananas.

Let the batter stand for 15 minutes. Then gently stir it again before cooking as you would any other pancakes.

**I haven' t tried subbing part of the flour for whole wheat but I am sure it would be good and adding some rolled oats too**



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.