Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Three Ingredient Cherry... crumble?

I'm not sure what to call this, I am not even sure what the difference between a crumble and a cobbler is. Well I think a cobbler is more doughy/dumpling like? I am sure it's been done before by people but for me it's a matter of cleaning out the pantry and freezer so this came to mind.
The girls and I really liked it and it's so easy, three ingredients, can't beat that right? If you have ice cream that would be good on top, or yogurt.

Frozen cherries- or whatever you have in the freezer
2-3 packets of oatmeal
2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Heat oven to 350 degrees.



Place cherries in a baking dish.







Sprinkle oatmeal over it. (I have a ton of this stuff I thought the girls would eat it but they don't enough. I used apples and cinnamon but the brown sugar pecan would have been really good I think.)





Top with little cubes of butter.
Bake until golden brown.





Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Looks like my mom's "dump cake" recipe. You dump some fruit (frozen, canned, or fresh) in a baking dish, dump a boxed cake mix (just the dry mix - don't mix it up) on top of the fruit, then dot it with plenty of butter. Bake until golden brown.

    My favorite combo for the fruit is a bag of frozen berries and a small can of crushed pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO going to make this!!

    (and I do believe the difference is that a cobbler is like a pie...without the bottom crust...could be wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DUmp cake! I post a recipe on here... sooo goood i love it all that butter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.