Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sticky Sweet Crock Pot Chicken

In an effort to clear out the freezer, pantry and refrigerator I am trying to plan meals better AND use the crock pot more. The problem is so many crock pot recipes, especially chicken ones call from some sort of cream of sodium filled soups. So I will be honest, I am a loser when it comes to crock pot cooking. I wish I wasn't, it's so convenient!
Oh well. Today before church I took out two packages of frozen chicken thighs. Put each one in separate crock pots. For the Sticky Sweet Crock pot Chicken I placed the frozen chicken at the bottom of the crock pot and put carrots on the side. I sprinkled it with poultry seasoning then drizzled the chicken with molasses and oyster sauce. I drizzled the carrots with some honey. Put some butter on top and let it cook. 7 hours on low. When we got home I took the lid off the crock pot for an hour. The girls really liked it and I did too. I only tasted it though I had the other crock pot chicken, Chicken Korma which I didn't give to Diva because of the cashews.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.