Saturday, April 4, 2009

Freezing babyfood...


When my first child was ready for solids I knew I was going to make her food. I was excited to have her try new things, tastes and textures. In retrospect I should have waited until she was 7 months or so, but I started her on solids at 5 months, where I am going with this I have no clue. Anyway, one time we were visiting my parents and I was making a batch of food for Diva and my mom and I were talking. I asked her if she had an ice cube tray to freeze some purees to store. My mom looked at me and said, "do you like eating frozen reheated food?" OK... well... no, not really. So with that in the back of my mind I didn't freeze a lot of purees for the girls. But when I did I either used an ice cube tray or little containers. It's nice with the ice cube trays because you can store the cubes easily and mix different purees for variety. I just wouldn't leave them in there for months on end.
For more baby food ideas check HERE.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.