Friday, March 27, 2009

Monster cookies



These cookies are gluten free. So that's nice. I have to say DH likes these cookies, I think most people do. Me? Not so much. For one there is 12 ounces of peanut butter in the batter. I am not a peanut butter lover, I prefer nutella or almond butter. Next time I make these I will use almond butter instead of peanut. I also will add pecans and maybe coconut and go easy on the chocolate and leave out the M&M's. These cookies do have a wonderful texture, they are chewy and soft. There is no flour in them to make them "cakey" and the oats make them chewy. They also freeze well.The batter is easy to make, easy to personalize and very forgiving. I got the recipe from a forum I post on. If you like peanut butter and chocolate this cookies is a must try.
You can find the recipe here on Foodnetwork.com


Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup raisins, optional (needless to say I did not add raisins)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.