Saturday, March 28, 2009

EASY Sugar Cookies


I like sugar cookies, I do NOT like rolling them out though. Sure I like cute little shapes and what not, but really? I don't have time for that. If I could just skip the rolling out part straight to the decorating part I wouldn't mind that. So this recipe is right up my alley. I made two batches one with colored sugar and one to frost for the church staff tomorrow.


1 c soften butter
2 c sugar- I use a little less
4 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
5 c flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda



Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 13x18 jelly roll pan or two 13x9 pans.
Cream the butter and sugar together.






Add eggs one at a time to incorporate. Add vanilla.






In a large bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.
Add the flour to the butter mixture.






Stir until combined.







Press gently onto jelly roll pans. Sprinkle with colored sugar or decorate later. (I lined mine with parchment)
Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Let cool before decorating.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.