Friday, January 16, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cake


I got this recipe from The Repressed Pastry Chef, I saw it on tastespotting.com... Pretty good recipe. I added more cream cheese, more spices and used evaporated cane juice, and only used about 3/4 cup instead of the full cup. Very yummy and moist.

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cake

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar- I used 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice instead
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 large eggs, at room temperature
4oz cream cheese, at room temperature- I used about 6-7 ounces
1 cup canned pumpkin – NOT pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract- I used more
Optional powdered sugar for dusting


Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or spray with cooking spray.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl.

Beat cream cheese until smooth in a mixer. Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla and oil. Beat well. Scrape down sides with a spatula, until everything is well blended. Add flour mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition, until everything is well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl often.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for ten minutes, then invert cake onto wire rack and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.




























Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.