Thursday, January 1, 2009

Peppermint pinwheels...





I didn't post any Christmas cookie recipes, but I have just been swamped. I did make some of these Peppermint pinwheels, gingerbread cookies and Date swirls. We gave some out, sent some to DH and froze some logs of dough to have on hand.
I don't really have a recipe typed up, but you can do this with your favorite sugar cookie dough and peppermint oil. If you have candy canes crush them up, brush the log with egg white and roll it in the candy. Wrap it up and let it chill before slicing and baking.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful treat over the holidays with crushed candy cane. Take a package of semi-sweet chocolate, melt it and spread over a glazed cookie sheet. Let it harden.
    Take a package of mint, or other chips, melt and spread over the hardened chocolate.
    This will then begin to swirl.
    Finally, sprinkle crushed candy cane all over.
    It was so delish--we couldn't get enough of it.
    The best part. . .it was so simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.