Friday, November 21, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup

If you like Chili's Chicken Enchilada soup, you'll like this one. I actually like this one better, bigger chucks of chicken, blue corn tortilla chips crushed on top. YUM. This is a great soup if you have leftover chicken.
You need masa harina, the corn meal is what I used because it's what I had on hand is not as fine. To get the fine smooth texture get a bag of the masa harina.
1 tablespoon olive oil
3-4 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1-2 cloves or garlic minced
1 medium onion diced
4 cups chicken broth
1 small can of diced green chilies
3 cups water
1 cup masa harina
1 cup red enchilada sauce
16 ounces velveeta- yes I know evil, but it melts best
salt
pepper
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin

Garnish-
pico de gallo
tortilla chips
shredded cheese
cilantro
sour cream



Cook the onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
Add the chicken broth.


Add green chilies.


In a bowl mix the masa harina with 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix well.

Add the mixture to the pot of broth.


Mix the remaining water with the enchilada sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder...

and the cumin.


Mix and add to the soup.Mix well.


Add cubed velveeta. Mix and bring to a boil.


Add chicken, turn it down to a simmer and cook until thick. 30-45 minutes.


Serve with whatever garnishings you like!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I made this soup tonite & it came out wonderful! Very easy & soooo tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.