Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mascarpone Muffins



These muffins are so easy and fast to make, as most muffins are. I used chocolate chips but dried fruit or fresh blueberries with mascarpone? DIVINE. Maybe dried cherries, sliced almonds and a little bit of almond extract? YUM! The mascarpone in the batter makes the muffins tender and moist. This is what the girls had for breakfast one day last week. They also helped me make the muffins, as you can see by the little hands in the picture. I also made tiny ones to freeze for faster bento backing when school starts.
Mascarpone muffins
1 (8 ounce) package mascarpone cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.





Beat mascarpone and butter together until fluffy.

Beat in egg, cream and vanilla.


Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Add dry ingredients to the wet ones.

Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined. As with all muffins don't over mix...
Fold in filling of choice.

Bake for 20 minutes.


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. I was very skeptical because I had never made Mascarpone muffins, especially not such a thick batter...but they came out delicious!! sooo perfect tasting. I added lemon zest instead of chocolate chips and it was to die for! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked them! we love them and they are so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei, thanx for the recipe, I will sure try them. Just one question. Did you freeze them baked or just froze the dough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I froze them cooked I don't know how mascarpone freezes? thanks for the comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Another question: in the list of ingredients you mention milk but then in the explanations you mention cream. What did you use after all? Milk or cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura I probably used cream during these pictures but after the first batch was so rich from both the butter and the cheese I use milk now :-)
    let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made them and they were wonderful. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will sure make them again, because I didn't get to freeze any, I barely could eat one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's funny because they really are so good. almost creamy

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad I found this recipe... I've got some leftover mascarpone, and now I know what I'm gonna make out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I found this recipe... I've got some leftover mascarpone I was clueless what to do with, now I know! Thanks! I'm sure they will be yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Zsuzsa I hope you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't like these muffins. The taste was good, but the texture was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you didn't like them anonymous poster! it is a creamier more dense texture <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made these today- they turned out delicious. I added some cranberry jam in-between some of them with the chocolate chips as well.It was a great combination! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them! I have some cheese in the freezer I should make some! thanks for letting me know

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.