Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Granola Bars....




I got this recipe off of a cincster... and it's a great versatile recipe. This batch has dried sour cherries, sliced almonds and chocolate chips. I also add flax seed. The last batch I made I used part coconut oil to cut down on the butter, used sunflower seeds and almond flour to make it gluten free. I will say that the gluten in the wheat flour makes these set well and not crumble as much. Here is the recipe, it's very easily tweaked and you can do so much with it! Nuts, dried fruit, different seeds, cinnamon chips, different chocolates...

3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 Cups of Rice crispies cereal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips (or whatever you want in there)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.

In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, cereal, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the 2 cups assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc.
Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.