Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tidbits from our Fourth of July...

Actually the above picture is from the 3rd, we took the girls to an Independence celebration with bouncy castles, games, food and fireworks on the beach that was organized by one of the bases in the area. We had so much fun, I am so glad we went. I wasn't sure I wanted to go due to crowds and what not, I thought it would be better to go to watch the fireworks on the beach near our house. But I am so glad we went to the one on base. The girls had a blast. They played on the playground, bounced in bouncers, played games and we ate junk food and sat on the beach and watched some wonderful fireworks.
On the fourth for dinner we had baked potatoes, baked beans, jalapeƱo poppers and burgers. I also made some brown sugar cinnamon bread- minus the raisins. DH and the girls have been snacking on it all day today. I am impressed, I like this recipe, it's a keeper.

Last night Diva and Piglet also helped make some decorations for their party coming up. In this picture Diva is gluing tentacles on some jellyfish that I am going to hang over the cake table. I made some fish and Piglet... well she handed us supplies.

I also made some watermelon slushies for the girls. Aren't the giraffes cute? I got those little hanging critters for the party, because there are mermaids in the assortment of animals. The girls haven't seen the mermaid ones yet, I think they will be so cute to decorate the individual jello fishbowls with.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. what pretty girls you have !! The watermelon juice looks deliciously thirst quenching ! Funny how we have watermelon in abundance here and most of us doesnt bother to juice them. Looking at your pic makes me want to go out buy my family a melon. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.