Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tomato and egg "omelet"


I am not sure I would call this an omelet, but I guess it is. My mom used to make this for us when we were younger to eat with rice. She put sliced onions in it also. It is more well done and drier than Western omelets and has crisp edges.  Here's an updated post on these omelets.


eggs
oyster sauce
sliced tomatoes
Sliced onions
black pepper

Sometimes it has fish sauce or soy sauce


I used four eggs.







About 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons oyster sauce.










Black pepper and some sliced tomatoes, I used cherry because I had them out already.






Scramble it up.










Heat some oil in the pan.







Pour it all in. Med heat.









Once the bottom starts to set lift the sides a little and let some raw egg run underneath to cook.







Let it cook for a little bit.









Flip it over.
Let it cook for a little bit more.
Serve with rice.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.