Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hazelnut Espresso Cookies

These cookies are thin and flat, with a little crunch but somehow they are also chewy. Very yummy. I didn't mix the hazelnuts in I sprinkled them on top and left some plain before baking because Diva can't eat hazelnuts.
I also couldn't find my espresso crystals! So odd, I don't drink espresso made from them and only use them for cooking yet I can't find them. I used a mixed chocolate coffee powder instead.







Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.










In a mixing bowl add the butter.







Brown sugar...









and granulated sugar...








cream until light and fluffy.









Add the eggs one at a time...








then add the vanilla...








and if you can find yours espresso crystals... Blend it together.





Add the flour and mix on low, until incorporated.










The dough is a little sticky.








Scrape down the sides and add hazelnuts and fold in with a spatula if you are adding them.






Drop by tablespoon full onto a baking sheet. Make sure there is about 1 1/2 inches between the mounds. (this is when I put the hazelnuts on top)








Bake for about 12 minutes mine took 10 minutes rotate pan half way through cooking.
Cool cookies for 2 minutes before transferring on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.