Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cinnamon rolls

You can make so many different cinnamon rolls with this recipe. I have filled them with a pecan filling, topped with a caramel pecan topping... so many options. I wanted cream cheese icing on top this time. The only thing I should have done different this time is rolled it thinner and wider so I could put more butter and filling inside. This is not a recipe for any one trying to eat healthy. Be warned.
Cinnamon Rolls
4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups Luke warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 package of white cake mix/dry
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 cups all purpose flour


Filling-
2 sticks butter softened
1 cup cinnamon sugar- I always use more


Toppings
Cream Cheese Icing
1 block cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
1 pound confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Other topping- (you can half this topping recipe and do a batch of caramel rolls and one with cream cheese icing)
Pecan caramel topping
2 sticks of butter
4 Tbsp. white corn syrup
2 cup brown sugar
2 pecans
1/2 cup heavy cream
This topping goes on the bottom of the pan before you set your rolls in there for their final rise before baking. Mix topping ingredients and cook 5 minutes. Pour topping into pan. Place rolls on topping, leaving 1 inch space between rolls. Brush cream on rolls. Let rise until double in size.



In a large bowl proof the yeast with
4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups Luke warm water
1 teaspoon sugar





While the yeast is proofing, in a food processor process the ingredients for the filling and set aside.








Add the dry cake mix, oil, egg, salt and once cup of flour to the yeast.





Beat until well mixed.










Don't forget the vanilla.








I measure out the other five cups of flour or I lose count...sigh pregnancy/mommy brain.





Add the rest of the flour one cup at a time and stir well. I use the mixer you can stir by hand.









Scrap down the sides and paddle of the mixer each time you add another cup of flour.






The dough will be VERY sticky. It's OK.









Cover and let rise for an our or until doubled.








Stir it down, then cover and let rise again.







After the second rise, stir it then divide in half.









Take half the dough on a floured surface.






Roll out to a 9 x 12 inch rectangle, like I said I like to roll it to 12 x12 or more to get more filling in there.








Spread half the filling on the dough...








I sprinkled with more cinnamon sugar...








Roll it up.









Easy peasy.








Cut it into 12 rolls.








*if you are doing caramel rolls put the topping in the pan now
Place them in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
Repeat with the other half of the dough.





Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.








For the icing, cream all the ingredients and spread on the warm cinnamon rolls.








































Like this... :-)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yummo! That looks so good. But then again, you speak my language. My DH & I tried your jalapeƱo poppers, they were delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like the poppers! so easy ! i made some French toast with sliced cinnamon rolls this morning

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.