Monday, April 21, 2008

Corn Casserole/Pudding

Hmmm, the jury is still out on this one. When I saw the recipe it looked divine, but I think that the heavy cream was a bit much for the girls and I. But it IS easy, the corn is fresh and has got a nice bite to it and the flavor is good. I just prefer corn on the cob and butter I guess.

3 ears corn on the cob, washed
heavy cream
butter
salt
pepper



Wash the corn and get the silk off.









Cut the kernels off the corn.







With the back of the knife scrape the starchy goodness out of the cob.






Add enough heavy cream to just LIGHTLY coat the kernels, perhaps that is where I went wrong. Even less cream for us next time.








Add some salt and pepper.









Add a little bit of butter, 2 tablespoons? Not a lot... stir it up and put it in a casserole dish.




Bake it at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.