Sunday, February 17, 2008

Warm Chocolate Pudding

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday food, and while this post does have a ton of pictures, this pudding is really simple. The only problem I had was over baking it, but I tend to have issues like that when I am hanging out with the kids at the same time. Because it was over done it wasn’t as gooey as I would have liked, the kids? They were getting sugar what do they care?

You can top these with ice cream also.



4 oz bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate

4 Tablespoons unsalted butter

4 Tablespoons sugar

2 large eggs separated

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon salt




Place your chopped chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl that will set on top of your sauce pan. Put some water in the sauce pan and start a simmer. You don't want the bottom of the bowl to touch the water in the sauce pan.





Stir occasionally until just melted.








Remove from heat.










I added a little warm chocolate to my egg yolks before I added it all to the chocolate. I have a fear of scrambling eggs in desserts.
Mix in vanilla, egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar.




Beat your egg whites and salt with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.






Soft, wimpy peaks that barely keep shape.









While still beating gradually add remaining sugar. Beat until stiff and glossy. Like so.








Take a scoop of your egg white mixture and gently mix it into the chocolate.







Gently mix...











Looking good...







Fold the rest of the chocolate into the egg whites.





Don't stir!! you'll stir out all the air you so diligently beat in.








Looking ready...








Place four 6-8 oz oven safe bowls on a cooking sheet. I placed mine on a silpat to keep it from sliding all over when I transported it to the oven.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes... I baked for 25... too long for my oven. The puddings should be gooey in the iddle. and they will crack on top and sink in.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I tried this yesterday and it was so yummy! :D
    Though I set a timer and cooked it for the right amount of time, it looked just like your finished product. I googled the original recipe and mine certainly didn't look like their finished product at all!
    But still so good!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Alwayssmile

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.