Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Elmo Cupcakes


Ok this isn't a good picture, but they are gone now, all eaten so there you have it. I made these cupcakes and a little matching cake for my friends one year old. They turned out so cute, plenty of sugar and red dye # 40 in these to please any child.
I was going to use icing for the noses but these M&M's worked.






After my cupcakes cooled I tinted some icing with a little bit of red food coloring. I wasn't sure if the spray i bought would cover evenly, so this was insurance if you will.






The rather gross to me Red Spray. I covered my workspace with some press and seal made for easy clean up.







See the difference?








I used a jumbo marshmallow cut in half for each eye. I used a gel decorator icing for the pupils.







On with the noses...







Little man's cake...
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your recipes always look yummy & I have a ton I want to try. The sugar in this one almost sends me in convulsions, but I think I might "borrow" the idea for DD's 1st birthday. Not sure if I can wait for December to come around to use it for DS's birthday(3rd - Yikes!!). I'm just not feeling very creative for DD's birthday right now & we will be out of town. Eh, I have 4 more months to sit on it, but this one will go in the idea book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elmo! Great idea! I think I have to steal this for some cookie monster cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.