Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fuss-free Oven Bacon

I love bacon, what's not to love about pork fat, you know? The thing is I rarely made it on the stove because I can't stand the grease all over and the smell of the house after. So one day I was reading in a magazine and they said to try it n the oven. Now why I didn't do this before is beyond me because at a nursing home I worked at before I was married the cook made the bacon in the oven all the time. I loved that job, they were always making me food. Anyway this oven bacon is so easy and easier to clean up after also. *Editing to add that I now just put the bacon in a cold oven, as it preheats, it renders fat. Then crisps it. I pour off the fat as I need to into a jar. - 2012*


First preheat your oven to 375 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan place a sheet of parchment paper. Place bacon in one layer not touching on the parchment (you may need to do a couple of batches). I use tongs for this so I don't have to worry about contaminating anything. OCD much?




Place the baking sheet into the oven. Check on the bacon every 15 minutes or so. If the pan is getting greasy drain the fat off into a container for disposal, use later.







Turn your bacon/ rotate the pan if needed.









Once it is to your liking place bacon between paper towels with CLEAN tongs.
For clean up you can wait until the grease cools and is solidified then throw the parchment paper into the trash or you can drain off the grease and throw the parchment paper into the trash right away.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. that's wonderful,It must be delicious.And the paper is wonderful,just like our baking paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.