Friday, December 7, 2007

Dress up your jar spaghetti sauce...

This is pretty much a COYF (clean out your fridge) type of meal. It is yummy and is packed with vegetables.

What you need:
A jar of store bought spaghetti sauce
1 Bay leaf
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Olive oil for pan
Any combination of vegetables you may have available, chopped up. (Onions, zucchini, bell pepper, carrots)
Italian sausage out of the casing or ground beef or turkey. I use sausage.

Brown meat in a pan, drain if needed and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In the same pan heat a little bit of olive oil and sauté your vegetables. If using harder vegetables like carrots put them in first so they cook longer. Once your vegetables are tender put your bay leaf, and red pepper flakes in the pan. Return meat to the pan. Add the jar of sauce and heat through. Serve over pasta.
If I end up with too much I freeze some.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.