Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chewy ginger spice cookies

These are the best cookies I make. We love these. I don't make them that often, because if I do we eat them. The crystallized ginger in these gives it a nice spicy bite, they are very soft and chewy.
I have played around with this recipe for a bit but I think it's finally at the point where I don't need to fiddle much with it.






Here's what you need:

1/4-1/2 cups chopped crystallized ginger


Sift your dry ingredients together.
Set aside.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.






Beat your wet ingredients well.
3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract




Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.







Stir in your ginger pieces. Chill dough for about an hour in the fridge.
Drop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. This dough does spread so leave plenty of room.
Bake for 8-10 minutes- I baked for exactly 8 minutes. Do not over bake these.




Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them on a rack to cool. They will be soft.
These are good out of the freezer too.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.