Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Meatloaf


Ahhh... meatloaf. I really like meatloaf, it's another one of those dishes I make when DH isn't around to share the meal with us. The girls and I love it. I make it different ways but it's pretty much the same method as any meatloaf. It's also one of those foods I don't mind having as leftovers. I made some in a mini cupcake tin to freeze for lunch packing.

1/3 pound ground beef
1/3 pound ground veal
1/3 pound ground pork
2 eggs
sea salt
ground mustard
ground black pepper
1 clove garlic- minced
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 small onion chopped
3/4 cup bread crumbs plain
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
Ketchup (1/3 cup)


I don't like to chop onions so I used my food processor.

In a large bowl mix everything but the ketchup. Do NOT over mix, your meat will get tough.




Fill your muffin tins or whatever cooking vessel you decide to use.
Noticed I started off making only 11 of the mini loafs, but the Monk in me had to fill in that last cup to make it even.





Spread the tops with Ketchup.
The mini meatloaf too me about 20 minutes to bake at 350. I did use my meat thermometer too.






The bigger loaf took about 55 minutes to reach 160 degrees then I let it rest and cook to 165 on top of the stove.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. me again. i made your recipe tonight with my girls. i've made alot of your recipes. in fact, the bread crumbs that went in the meatloaf were crushed up croutons--your recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy it's good to "see" you prayers for you and your girls during this time! and your DH too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.